The NM EDGE
Please use the navigation bar, located on the left to access any of our informational sites.
NM EDGE, a service of New Mexico State University's Cooperative Extension Service, is a program designed to provide a comprehensive course of study to administrators, managers, elected officials, and staff in local, state, tribal, and national government, through which participants can acquire and apply the best practices and theory to their management behaviors and strategies using the highest professional standards.
Attention: Our online payment portal for credit cards is currently unavailable until further notice. If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. We thank you for your patience!
News from the NM EDGE
June Honing Your NM EDGE
T is for Training Tuesdays and Thursdays
Registration is now OPEN --please click here to view the June Summer Honing Your NM EDGE roadmap.
Classes will be held June 7th through June 30th - so register today!
In Person classes will be offered during the NMC Summer Conference June 13-14 in Albuquerque, NM
Classes will be held live online via Zoom and we will offer free Zoom training to assist you. Please contact us with questions or concerns by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 2022 Public Purchasing CPO Classes
July 12-15: Public Purchasing Foundation Classes & Test: NMP 143, NMP 101, NMP 102, NMP 105, NMP 103A, NMP 103B, NMP 001 classes will fill fast so don't delay- register today!
July 19: Public Purchasing 1st Recertification Classes: NMP 142 and NMP 211 (must take both classes)
July 20: Public Purchasing 2nd Recertification Classes: NMP 212 and NMP 213 (must take both classes)
July 21: Public Purchasing 3rd Recertification Classes: NMP 214 and NMP 215 (must take both classes)
To register, please visit our enrollment site: NM EDGE Student Record and Enrollment Site.
Zoom Live Online Class Information
Please note that the NM EDGE will conduct all meetings and classes (when possible) using the Zoom videoconferencing platform until the Public Health Emergency (PHE) is lifted.
- 1. Access to the internet using a device/computer with a camera and microphone (most laptops, iPads or similar device have these). You will need to leave your camera on during the entire class.
- 2. You will need to have a quiet spot from which to participate (no distractions in the background, please).
- 3. You will take the pre and post-tests online, too, so be mindful of the screen size.
- 4. You will be emailed information about Zoom “practice sessions” and we recommend that you attend one practice to learn how we plan to use zoom for these classes.
- 5. The day before the classes you will be emailed a zoom link to access the class.
- 6. Access to the pretest is open 15 minutes prior to the start of class. Pre-test and post-test links are provided in class. Materials are emailed after everyone has completed the pretest.
- 7. If you are taking Public Purchasing Classes to earn your Chief Procurement Officer designation or to recertify your CPO designation, you will need to provide a photo ID or the final test on Friday - more information will be given during class.
- 8. If you are taking recertification classes for Chief Procurement Officer (CPO), please login to your NM EDGE Student Record and double check your contact information including your mailing address, CPO number, and phone number (all are required in the report we provide to State Purchasing).
- 9. If you are seeking recertification for your Chief Procurement Officer designation through State Purchasing and are not able to participate in a live online class during the quarter that your certification expires, you can request a temporary waiver from State Purchasing (see the State Purchasing Division website for the Director's statement about this).
- 10. If you do not feel you are able to participate in these classes with the requirements as specified, you may remove yourself from the classes by logging in to your student account and clicking remove.
Please contact us with questions or concerns by emailing email@example.com. We are teleworking so calling our office will delay our response to you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and for your ongoing commitment to Better Government through Education.
Your NM EDGE Team
Certificate Audit Submission Information
Audit Submission window will open June 7, 2022 - July 7, 2022. If you have completed classes towards a certification, be sure to submit an audit during an open audit window.
Go to the NM EDGE Student Record and Enrollment Site.
- Using the navigation bar on the left, select Certification Audit. Use the arrow to show the menu of certification choices, select the audit you want, and then submit. Please press submit ONLY once.
- The audit is to verify that you have completed all of your classes, and to assign you an Academic Advisor to work with you on your Culminating Experience, and to prepare you for graduation.
- For those of you who have completed all of your CPS and CPM classes, the Assessments are by invitation only, so please submit an audit and we will get back to you. Once we know who qualifies to be invited, we will notify you and set the date.
NOTE: If you receive a "system error" message when processing the audit request, please let us know. We recommend that you submit an audit request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at that time.
Thank you for your help as we strive to support you in achieving your goals.
Best wishes! Your NM EDGE Team
It's official! NM EDGE/NM CPM has earned accreditation to 2023!
Thank you to NCPMC, NM EDGE Team, our NM Public Service Partners on our Advisory Board, our Public Servant Students, our Public Service Practitioner Instructors, and NM Cooperative Extension Service!
Helpful Tip Sheets
- Jeanine Eden, Interim Program Director
- Lydia Duran, Sr. Fiscal Assistant
- Chantel Barton, Sr. Fiscal Assistant
- Corinna Cogburn, Program Coordinator
- Esther Fichtelberg, Program Coordinator
The NM EDGE (Albuquerque)
NMSU ABQ Center
Building K at CNM's Montoya Campus Montgomery at Morris
(in collaboration with CNM)
Phone: (575) 646-0314