Expectations of NM EDGE Students
The NM EDGE program is open to all public servants in New Mexico regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Expectations of Students
The role of our students is to come to class prepared to contribute their knowledge and experience, to listen carefully to others, to respectfully challenge opinions they disagree with, and to help others achieve greater understanding.
Student Account Information Responsibility
- Each student is responsible for updating their NM EDGE student account profile.
To receive credit for the class, students are expected at a minimum to:
- Sign-in for class at least 5 minutes BEFORE the start of each class.
- Those who are late may not be permitted to take the class. 15 minutes after scheduled class start, is generally the cut off.
- Attend the entire class session.
- Complete assignments, including learning-measure tests, and demonstrate an increased level of understanding related to the subjects and topics discussed in class.
- Earn a minimum grade of six (6) on the Post-Test
- Hold themselves to the highest ethical standard regarding academic behavior.
- Allow other student the opportunity to engage the materials on their own. (No cheating).
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and positive attitude towards others.
Students are reminded of these ground rules at the start of each class:
- Silence cellular phones and do not text during class.
- If you must take a call, take it out of the room.
- Go to the restroom any time you need.
- Do not stay gone too long or you will have to take the class another time.
- Let the Instructor know if it's too hot or too cold.
- Let the Instructor know if you cannot hear or see.
- Ask questions at any time.
- Participate in the discussion and in group work.
Add: Photos of student and classes may be taken for promotional purposes, to opt out, please notify NM EDGE Staff, during the event.